Snake 6 ft Cordless Inflatable Scarecrow
NOTE: This product is built-to-order and is intended to be an alternative to our electric powered products. We ask that you please contact us and describe your intended use before purchasing this product so we can ensure that you are purchasing the most effective solution for your needs.
- Please allow 2 business days before product ships.
- Perfect for protecting food plots and gardens where electricity is not available.
- Comes with 12V blower, control box, T-post bracket (T-post not included), and one Snake 6 ft attachment.
- Great for protecting koi ponds from predators.
Keep Herons From Eating Your Fish
Keep Herons From Eating Your Fish
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Does this system come with the solar panel? How long will it run on the 12AH battery?
The basic system comes with a timer, blower, inflatable, control box, and T-post adapter. The solar panel and battery are an add-on.
The timer has 28 on/off settings in a 24 hour period. The 12ah battery will constantly run the blower for about 30 minutes, at best. The 12ah battery is designed to be coupled with the solar panel for optimum run time of 10-15 seconds every 30 minutes. This is usually enough time to scare the pest away and maintain the battery at a full charge. The solar panel is only designed to maintain a charge and not to recharge a dead battery. Many customers purchase the basic unit and use a marine 90-100ah battery for maximum run time. They simply recharge the battery or swap it out for a charged battery. We can can supply extra wire for those customers who want to set a large battery on the ground. Please request extra wire if needed.
I have a pontoon boat that is moored and the ducks are making a mess, and I have a few questions. 1 - Since I won't have access to AC power I would want the solar version. Would I order it with the programanle timer or the motion sensor? 2 - If I go with the solar do I also need to configure it with the battery? 3 - What are the approximate demsions of the unit if I go with the solar version? 4 - Is the solar version as powerful as the video shows the AC version is with the gentleman on the dock? I appreciate your responses and please let me know if you believe this would work for my particular issue. Thank You
1. The motion detector should only be used when an area can be zoned for movement. I am afraid that in a boat there will be too much movement and cause false alarms. The timer may be a better choice. It doesn't take much to scare them off and after a few times they will be afraid to return. You can run the blower about 10-15 minutes every hour and that should do it. 2. You will need a 12V battery. We sell batteries that fit into the control box, however, any 12V battery will work. Our system is designed with a solar panel that will usually provide enough battery charge to do the job. The more you run the blower then the more drain there is on the battery. Some people want maximum usuage and for them I recommend a 90-100 amp hour rechargable marine battery. 3. The entire unit is about 8 in. wide x 12 in. high x 6 in. wide. The solar panel has a long wire and can be mounted separate from the box. We generally mount it on the box unless you tell us different. The box can be mounted by screws on a post or board. 4. The battery operated unit uses the same snake but it is not as powerful. However it should be adequate to accomplish what you need. I do believe this will work for you, but we would like to know more details about your situation because we never want to sell what does not suit your needs.